Being envious of others is not only a huge waste of time... it can cause us to be unsatisfied with the lives we are leading. It leads to anger, bitterness, resentment. Have you ever thought of how many people are envious of you? I guarantee someone has looked at you and thought they wish they had your hair, your smile, well behaved kids like yours, a husband that looks at them the way yours looks at you.
The point is we should all appreciate and be grateful for what we have. Life is what we make it. I choose to wake up every day thanking God for my blessings. I choose to focus on the great things in my life instead of the things I sometimes wish I had.
Today I am grateful for:
- My husband who makes me laugh every day and still shows me romance after 13 years together.
- My oldest miracle who is my sunshine on dark days.
- My youngest miracle who God chose specifically for our family. He has given us pure joy.
- My sister who is my encourager, supporter, mentor and friend.
- My parents who have unconditionally loved me for 29 years and are unquestionably there for me.
- My in-laws who have raised a wonderful man and are incredible grandparents.
- The list could go on and on but I'll stop there.
What are you grateful for today?