Monday, September 26, 2016

Health Journey, Week 4

I had my weigh in this morning and here is my update:
I lost 3.4 lbs last week!
I am down 12.6 lbs total!

I am pretty happy with the progress I made last week.  And I realized that having ONE cheat meal through the week has actually helped me lose a little more.  I'm not talking a Snuffer's loaded cheese fries downed in ranch followed by a cheeseburger with more fries (not sure where that came from but dang, it sounds good!) cheat meal.  I'm talking about pasta at our local Italian restaurant cheat meal.

Of course I am still on my Plexus Triplex.  This week I am going to add in my Plexus Block.  I have not taken it since I started my new health journey a few weeks ago.  This stuff is amazing - it actually BLOCKS 48% of carbs and sugars.  That being said, my plan is to take it in the evening before I have a little wine and what is usually my biggest meal of the day.
Check it out at www.jewelsplexus.com and then click on Products and Block.

Now, for the recipe.  I made this last week and it was a pretty big hit!  If you have read my blog for any length of time you will notice I don't tend to follow recipes exactly.  I have included my comments/substitutions in the recipe.

Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies

INGREDIENTS:
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (I used 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
16 oz baby red potatoes, halved (yep, forgot to half these)
16 oz baby carrots
16 oz green beans, trimmed (I bought the packaged, already washed and trimmed green beans at HEB)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves (didn't have this so didn't use it)

FOR THE SAUCE:
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup honey (Yeah, so I forgot to buy honey and after a quick Google search I decided to use brown sugar and water)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I used cayenne pepper instead)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:  After looking back over this recipe I realized I did not read the directions clearly because instead of mixing the sauce first and then waiting until the last 30 minutes to add the green beans I literally dumped it all in the crockpot together (below is my before picture).  Hey, it cooked just fine!




















So, here are my recommended, non-complicated directions.  Dump it all in the crockpot, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.  BOOM!

Final Result:
















~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment