Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Help Me Find It

Do you ever feel stagnant?  Like you are just kind of going through the motions of life and on auto pilot?  Like you have lost passion or a zest for life?  I have been there so many times.  I love this song, "Help Me Find It" from Sidewalk Prophets.  And this version is really cool because it's the unplugged version.


I often have to remind myself that I want need to stay in tune with God's will for my life.  That means coming to Him and asking Him what He wants from me.  It could be something one off He wants from me that day: to speak truth into a friend's life, to be a listening ear to someone, to smile at a stranger who needs encouragement, to spend extra time with one of my kids or to support my husband.  It could be a long term action He wants me to take and I need to spend time with Him so He can plant seeds for that in my heart. 

It was almost exactly three years ago that I started having thoughts about adoption.  Everywhere I turned it seemed like someone was adopting or fostering and telling me about their experiences.  And I remember sitting in Pocket Sandwich Theater, getting ready to watch a Christmas play and nervously bringing the idea of adoption up to my husband before the play started.  And I remember being shocked by his response that he had a dream we adopted a baby boy.  It wasn't until a year later that our dream became a reality but God had been working on us long before Ethan came into our lives.
 
If we just take time out of our day to be still and spend some time with God, through prayer, quiet time, worship, reading our bible, it is amazing how He will reveal His plans for our life.  I know it can be hard to just sit down and read the bible.  If you feel like you would do better starting on a devotional I recommend Jesus Calling.  You can get it for around $8 on Amazon.  Psst, they also have an awesome one for kids (recommended age is 8 - 12).

Today I encourage you to make time for him.  Today I am reminding myself to make time for Him.  He has done SO much for us, all of us, and I don't think He's asking too much of us to make Him a priority.  You will truly be amazed at how He will work in your life when you let Him.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." ~Matthew 6:33

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." ~Psalm 119:105


~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment