Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Valentines, Girls Night(s) Out, Welcome Home Daddy!

It has been a while since I have just posted photos - random pictures, my loves and our memories in the making.  So here you go...

I helped organize Garrison's Valentine party at school and I'm so glad I got to be there to help out.  It made up for me missing out on the Christmas party for sure.  He got picked top three for most creative Valentine box.  Yay!  Goofy kid...



Here is my other sweet boy on Valentine's Day.


Sometimes these boys are too much cuteness for Mama to handle!
 

 
My back was killing me one night so Garrison offered to help me with laundry.  After hanging up some of his clothes I walked into the laundry room to find this scene. 
(1)  This is why I carry my phone with me everywhere.  (2)  Yes, I am one of those moms who takes a picture before rescuing my kids. 


I had such a fun night out with these two gals.  Julie and Shannon are two moms whose sons play on Garrison's baseball team.  We are SO lucky to have such a great group!  I got them gift cards to a painting place for their birthdays and we finally found a time we could all go.  Even though the evening started with me rushing around and accidentally slamming Garrisons fingers in the car door it ended with a yummy dinner, drinks and lots of laughs with these girls!  I think there was also a full moon at the end of the night! :)
 



I guess you could say I'm somewhat paranoid when Garrett is out of town.  I was home one Friday getting ready to head to Garrison's school party and the dogs started going crazy near the front door.  I couldn't run out there empty handed so I grabbed the gun and ran to the front door looking exactly like this...
 

 
I can only imagine what a robber would have thought had he come face to face with a gun toting lady with curlers in her hair.  Don't mess with this Mama!  :)

I was so happy to be able to catch up with one of my best friends for an early patio dinner one night.  And I was even more excited that she brought her beautiful daughter.  I love this girl SO much!  This was not a picture from that night.  I was too distracted after a bird crapped on my head to get pictures with two of my favorite gals.  Have I mentioned how much I hate birds?!

 
 Garrett was out of town for two weeks (yeah...TWO weeks) for work.  I am usually the one who does the stuff around the house, makes dinner and does bath time, etc. so while I knew we would miss him I didn't think it would be that bad.  Without getting too sappy I'll just say I missed him SO much!  I realized that while I may not rely on him for the day to day things I totally take him just being there for granted.  I missed our conversations at night, just hanging out and watching tv together, having him play with the boys (which results in constant noise in the house) and laughing with him.  It was just too quiet.  I was not the only one who was ecstatic to have daddy come home!

Garrison and the model airplane Garrett brought him
 


Ethan and his new puppy - he loved him!  He could care less that Garrett got this at CVS 10 minutes from the house and not in a local toy store in Virginia. :)
 

 
 
We tried sending Garrett lots of pictures/videos while he was gone.  This is one of my favorites.  Ethan is obsessed with showers.  Obsessed!



My handsome boys - haircuts and suckers always make for happy boys!

It has been a really rough couple of weeks, especially with Garrett being gone when I got the news of the loss of my cousin.  These rough times really help me put things in perspective and refocus my priorities.  I am grateful for all of my blessings and for at least one more day on this earth to enjoy them. 

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." ~James 1:17

~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment