Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bomb Diggety Crockpot Quesadillas

I realized I haven't posted a recipe in a while and I want to get better about that.  In fact, next week I plan on posting all of my dinners from this week.  If you are looking for venison recipes, get ready...  this week has been full of deer!

I found this crockpot chicken quesadilla recipe on Pinterest last week and loved it so I wanted to share.

I have renamed this recipe...

Bomb Diggety Crockpot Quesadillas

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts

**I substituted 1 can Mexican Rotel for the below two items.**
1 (4oz) can green chilies
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes

1 (8oz) pkg light cream cheese
Shredded Mexican cheese blend
Tortillas
Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil


Directions:

Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray (or use these awesome no mess crockpot bags)
 
Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the cooker. Cover with tomatoes, chilies (or Rotel) and cream cheese. Just dump it all in there and place lid on top.
Cook in low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. I had a long work day so this was on low in the crockpot for about 10 hours.  I put the crockpot on warm when I got home and it was good.
 
After 6-7 hours, remove chicken and shred.  I just used two forks and it fell apart.
 
Once completely shredded, place chicken back in cooker. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.  I didn't do this part.  I just left it on warm since they had cooked extra long.
 
Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or a pat of butter). On medium heat, place tortillas in pan. Fill one half with chicken mix & top with grated cheese.
Fold filled tortilla in half.
 
Cook each side aprox 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Be careful of burning.
 
 
 
~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment