Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dear Ethan (Happy 2nd Birthday)

I have started a blogging tradition of writing letters to my boys around their birthdays.  I plan on turning some of my posts into a family book at some point and I am excited to include these letters to them in this book.

Dear Ethan Gregory,

What a year we have had!  Last month was rough with you being sick and in the hospital twice but you showed us, yet again, what a fighter you are.  We really bonded during our time together in the hospital and I am grateful for that time, as hard as it was.  You were such a good boy and let the nurses and doctors do everything they had to in order to get you better.  At one point the nurses were even fighting over who got to give you a bath.  They all loved you so much and when you surprised them with a sweet smile, high five or hug it just made their day!  You also learned how to use a thermometer and listen to your chest with a stethoscope.  Who knows... maybe you will end up being a doctor!  God has blessed you with a strong personality and fighting spirit and I know without a doubt that you will use that for His glory some day.

You continue to bless our lives and touch the lives of others whether you know it or not.  Do you know that when you were in the hospital people were praying for you that admitted they haven't prayed in a long time?  God used your situation to help bring people (Daddy, Garrison and me included) closer to Him, even if just for a minute.  I hope you know how incredible that is!

I love that you are starting to talk so much more.  I love hearing you repeat words and express yourself.  I love your sweet smile.  I love your laugh.  I love your raspy voice.  I love your feisty and independent personality.  I love the way you love your brother.  I love you just the way you are!

In this past year you learned to walk, run and talk.  You are still a great sleeper and on the occasion you do wake up in the middle of the night you do an awesome job of putting yourself back to sleep.  Thank you... you will realize what a gift this is when you become a Daddy one day!  You still go to Nadia's during the day and you LOVE spending time with her and her family.

I can't wait to see what this next year brings.  We are all so blessed to have our health, each other and Jesus. 

We love you so much E!

~Mama











 












 






No comments:

Post a Comment