Sunday, March 24, 2024

Senior Year Series: All the Sports

I used to hate sports...until I had a kid who loved and exceled at every sport he tried.  It's amazing how any sporting event on TV makes me fall asleep and any sporting event you have been in has had me biting my nails and screaming at the top of my lungs.  You are so athletic and talented which has given you this crazy ability to be good at every sport you have tried.  We went through a pretty sports heavy stage with you, mostly with baseball.  Some people thought the amount of time we spent at practices, games and tournaments was crazy.  Looking back, I can see that.  But I can also say that those years in sports shaped and defined who you are now.  They helped teach you discipline, teamwork, and leadership.  I am so grateful for that because you've turned into a pretty awesome guy.  Some of the most special years to me were when your dad was able to coach you.  While he was not always the perfect or most patient coach (proving he learned just as much as you did during those years) I am still grateful the two of you had all of that quality time together.  

I just wanted to dedicate a quick post to all of the sports years you've had.  It's been quite the ride.  We have been and always will be your biggest fans!

I love you, bud.



































No comments:

Post a Comment