Monday, October 3, 2016

Health Journey, Week 5

I don't have a great update today, unfortunately.  I stayed the same weight as last Monday.  The weird thing is I weighed in Saturday morning out of curiosity and was down 2 lbs from last week.  I guess I gained those 2 lbs back in the last two days though.  Ha!  

We did go to Dripping Springs for a baseball tournament so there was definitely more eating out than normal.  I did the best I could but did splurge a little Saturday night when we had Mexican food.  My body has always been a bit odd though and I can gain or lose 3 lbs in a day just from water weight or bloating.  Probably TMI but I don't have periods anymore (take my birth control continuously to help control endometriosis).  But I think my body still goes through PMS and I have been a little more emotional and quite a bit more hungry the last several days.  So I'm going to blame it on that too.  As women we have the ability to do that, right?! 

I did not take my BLOCK every day last week.  I think I only did it 3 days.  It is hard for me to remember since it is not a daily habit.  But I am committed to taking it every evening this week to see if that helps.  I also need to up my water intake.  I've been doing pretty good but definitely not sticking to the 100 oz plus per day like I was doing before.

Here is a great recipe I tried last week and we loved it!

Garlic and Paprika Chicken

Ingredients
6 chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.  Clean and dry the drumsticks and season with salt and pepper.  Set aside.
3.  In a small skillet heat the olive oil.  Add the garlic, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and herbs.  Cook for about 1 minute over medium heat.  (Careful not to burn the garlic.)
4.  Place the drumsticks in a 9X13 baking dish and pour the olive oil mixture over the drumsticks.  Make sure they are coated thoroughly.  
5.  Bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken legs are cooked through.  

Before Baking


Tada!



~Jewels*


No comments:

Post a Comment