Thursday, April 19, 2012

Twenties

I'll be 29 next month and when I think about that age I realize how young it really is in the cycle of life.  I look back on the last decade and realize how much I have changed.  I realize I started early getting married at 19 and having my first kiddo at 22 but I still feel like I have really learned who I am as a woman, wife and mom, especially over the last 5 years. 

It's funny... I hear older women all the time say they didn't really "find themselves" until they were in their 30s or 40s... and maybe that's true for some people.  But I know that three of the most incredible life changing blessings I will ever receive came in the last decade:  (1)  Marrying Garrett  (2)  Giving birth to Garrison  (3)  Adopting Ethan. 

I have such a strong understanding of the woman God intended for me to be and I find amazing comfort in that.  I am by no means saying I am perfect or have the wisdom I will have at 40, 50 or 60.  I'm just saying that I feel blessed to have experienced so much of life at my age.  I am grateful to have parents that taught me about the importance and unconditional love of Christ as such a young age so I didn't have to go through life searching for something or someone to fill some type of emptiness.  I have always known that only He can fill emptiness.  The rest is just cherries on top!

Just some random thoughts by Jewels*...




No comments:

Post a Comment