Wednesday, February 10, 2016

You need to hear this...Just Do It!!!

Once again it has been far too long since I have posted.  I went back to glance at my last post and found it ironic that the theme carries over into this one.  But not really.  I know God has been putting some things on my heart over the last several months and each seed He has planted has carried me to different phases of following dreams.

Go ahead and breathe a big sigh of relief because this is not a Plexus post.  Ha!

People used to talk about dreams.  I would often ponder the idea of my dreams and....nada.  Nothing.  Zip.  Zilch.  Some would say they always dreamed of being a teacher.  Or a singer.  Or a missionary.  Or whatever.  Seriously, I felt like something was wrong with me for not having a big dream I was striving for.

I always knew I wanted to be a wife.  And I'll be honest...the first 7 years or so of our marriage was far from what I had pictured in my dreams.  Anyone with me?  Anyone?!  Good thing we have learned A LOT and are in a great season in our marriage right now.  I truly am married to my best friend.  And we are now working toward big dreams together!



Being a mom did come very naturally to me and I was so blessed with a great first baby.  Garrison changed my life.  He made me grow up very quickly.  He made me much more selfless, patient and nurturing.  I am forever grateful to him for that.


My "dream" was to have another biological child.  Little did I know God would be planting seeds in mine and Garrett's hearts for the next several years about adoption.  The truth is I never could have dreamed of something as precious and dear as adopting.  Ethan was truly a dream come true.


I don't know if it was a matter of not thinking I was worthy of more or if God just knew I could only handle so much at once (fighting for my marriage, becoming a new mom, going through the adoption process).  I don't really need to understand why I didn't dream big earlier in life though.  Because I have seen time and time again that God's timing is perfect.  Always.  Perfect.

I don't have a big announcement or purpose of this post really.  I simply want to encourage every single one of you to follow your dreams.  Life is ENTIRELY too short to sit back and watch other people live life to the fullest.  YOU live it to the fullest.  Enjoy being in the moment with those you love.  Take that trip that may break the bank this one time.  Go on that mission you have always wanted to go on.  Want to adopt?  DO IT!  Want to foster?  DO IT!  Shoot, do you want a dog?  Get one!

I fully believe I am on this earth to serve Jesus and bring glory to Him.  And I also know that He wants to fulfill the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4).  I kept encountering the scripture Psalm 46:5 for the longest time.  So much so that I decided to get the phone cover.


I absolutely love another version I saw of this verse.
"God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns."
How comforting to know that we will NOT fail with God by our side.  We will NOT be moved or shaken when God is in us.

Read that back to yourself and let it soak in.  And go follow that dream.

~Jewels*

No comments:

Post a Comment